After much hard work on the part of many people, we are very excited to unveil this new website. As we began to think about a redesign, we drew on responses to a survey of the membership. Topping the member wishlist were easy navigation and a modern look and feel. The EFA hired the Affari Project to develop and design the new site. They incorporated images developed by our ad agency, Robot House, including a modernization of our logo.
This site aims to better serve the EFA’s three main constituencies: our members, people interested in hiring an editorial freelancer, and people interested in joining the EFA. You’ll find:
- Portals prominent on the home page that lead members, clients, and prospective members to the parts of the website most relevant for them
- Expanded and reorganized directory search
- Expanded chapter information, news, and events
- Fully featured, searchable calendar for all EFA events
- New blog: Posts from board members and others
- New My Account section for members and guests
- Behind-the-scenes enhancements
- And more!
We invite you to look around and see all of the new and re-envisioned features.
The previous website, designed and built by a dedicated member-volunteer and one consultant, served us well for many years. But times change. We hope you like what you see and can do on the new the-efa.org.
Karen Wallace, Website chairperson
Robin Martin, Chapter Development chairperson
Susannah Driver-Barstow, Office Manager