We’re hiring! The EFA is in search of a part-time educational programs coordinator to manage and develop our educational offerings. The educational programs coordinator will report to the EFA’s general manager and work closely with the Education chairperson. The educational programs coordinator can work remotely within the Eastern or Central time zones and has the option of working from the association’s New York City office as needed. Hours for this position are expected to be 25 hours a week, but there is a possibility of expanding hours in the future.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with the Education chairperson to develop and implement new programs and educational resources.
- Manage registration, reporting, and technical troubleshooting for educational program.
- Answer questions from both current and potential students regarding educational offerings.
- Post and update course information on the EFA website. Work with the Website chairperson and the EFA’s website contractor as needed to improve systems.
- Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to promote and market education programs.
- Help onboard new instructors and provide training and assistance with the learning management system(s) they’ll be using.
- Serve as the moderator for webinars (up to three times monthly) and complete a practice session with each new instructor.
- Manage orders for webinar recordings.
- Review back catalog of recordings to ensure they meet current standards and provide up-to-date information.
- Research platforms for hosting video content and manage the migration of the back catalog of webinars.
- Help to enforce accessibility requirements for education programs.
- Provide documents to instructors, handle their queries, and process their invoices and royalty payments.
- Assist with general office administration.
- Assist with biennial EFA conference as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and/or coursework in editing
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic technical issues independently.
- Familiarity with Mac OS.
- Experience hosting Zoom meetings and webinars.
- Familiarity with best practices for creating inclusive and accessible online events.
- Experience with learning management systems (Sakai and Kajabi), WordPress, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, and event registration systems a plus.
- Able to provide excellent customer/member service.
- Strong written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Must be extremely organized, diligent, and able to multitask and operate with the highest degree of integrity.
- Should be interested in researching and implementing technological solutions to improve customer service and productivity.
- Able to work independently with a high degree of initiative and collaborate with a small team.
- Experience working in an association or nonprofit organization a plus.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.
- Successful applicants will be required to complete equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) training provided by the EFA.
- The EFA requires staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions.
Extensive computer use and regular video conferencing. Occasional evening and weekend work (with advance notice). Occasional travel a possibility, with advance notice. Though the position is part-time, the coordinator should keep a regular schedule developed with the approval of the general manager.
The EFA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or veteran or disability status.
Salary and Benefits
$25/hour. Paid holidays and vacation. Health insurance and retirement accounts are not currently available.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Educational Programs Coordinator Application.” Candidates who are interviewed will be required to provide at least 2 professional references. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Deadline to Apply
November 22, 2021