Year Behind, Year Ahead
January 14th @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PST
Come prepared to share a few professional goals you have for 2020, and/or share a few professional goals you already reached in the past. This does not have to be anything formal, and please share what you are willing to share. We can use clarity in our own thinking about goals as well as hearing from colleagues.
But if you are having trouble focusing, here are instructions that may get you started:
1. On index cards. Write 1 thing you want to have in your life 5 years from now.
-spending time with kids?
-taking exotic vacations?
2. Take an exhaustive inventory—don’t limit yourself.
3. If married, do it with your spouse. Next in upper right corner, #1-6. 6 most important.
4. Pull out 5’s and 6’s.
5. Pick most important 3.
6. Choose 1 nonnegotiable, that you would give up everything else to have.
7. On the front of each of the 3 most important cards, write one sentence that describes what success in this goal looks like. On the back, write 4 steps you will take this year to move toward that vision of success.