Anita Holzhausen, Ph.D.
I specialize in bringing focus to the “big picture” of manuscripts while preserving the author’s authentic voice. I’m a collaborative writer, developmental editor, and beta reader who works directly with clients to solidify the structure and content of works in fiction and nonfiction.
As an international consultant and proficiency coach since 2003, I’ve devoted my career to motivating and guiding my clients to achieve their highest potential. My job is to believe in you and your work—especially at the times when it’s hard to believe in yourself. I offer 30-minute uniquely structured one-on-one sessions with clients to streamline individual tasks, timelines, and achievement targets using a mindful approach that supports goal accomplishment.
I have an extensive background in higher education as a Ph.D. and former instructor at universities in Germany and California; I am the owner of 6figsedits.com and the boutique publisher 6figs Publishing. I offer in-depth content analysis and take a hands-on approach to world-building, suggested rewrites, creative brainstorming, and problem-solving with the needs of the client in mind.
- Developmental editing, editorial letters, substantive editing, line editing, beta reading, sensitivity reader, creative writing
- Individual productivity coaching and collaborative team building
- CMS and MLA styles
- English-German/German-English translation and localization
- Developmental editing preferred nonfiction subjects: Personal Development, Self-Improvement, New Age. Academic works with a focus on Social Sciences.
- Developmental editing preferred genres (fiction): Romance and Women’s Fiction
- Remote and California, USA
Contact@6figsedits.com for more information. I look forward to working with you.
Years in the field: 18
Years freelancing: 4