30 years of experience as a working writer and editor.
- Intern technical writer for INEEL Summer 1992
- BA English, Idaho State University, 1993
- First writing job: 1996, technical writer for local electronics manufacturer
- Last corporate job: Group Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs for Albertsons Companies
- Current: CNF and fiction author and freelance writer
- Creative non-fiction, adult and YA fiction copyediting, line editing, proofreading.
- Audio recordings for audible editing
- Manuscript critiques
- Website copy, editing, and proofreading
- Rewriting and retaining your authentic voice
Business Communications Services
- Corporate website content, blogs, and social media
- Business communications mentoring
- PR strategy planning and advisory services
- Customer crisis response strategies
- Crisis management
- Culture shift communications strategies
- Employee & executive communications engagement strategies
- Speeches, ghost writing, and content editing
- Merger, acquisition, location closures, and divestiture communications
Christine Wilcox has been a working writer for 30 years, having worked as a freelancer since 2021 and in corporate communications and education for 28 years prior to that. She led communications first for Albertsons LLC and later for Albertsons Companies through three significant retail mergers, culminating in her last job of Group Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs. All her career experiences combined with her BA in English from Idaho State University and passion for the written word provide her with a unique perspective, but at her core, she’s a writer who wants every other writer to achieve their goals.
Chris has a passion for grammar, editing, and bringing out the authenticity of an author’s voice, so she focuses on copyediting and line editing. She’s also keenly aware that our brains are fantastic at glossing over words, so she provides recordings to authors who want an audio version of their work but for whom reading their own work aloud isn’t an option. Whether you have content that needs to be written or revised to sound more like you, edited for grammar and clarity, or overhauled after years of languishing in your Google drive, Chris can help. Plus, she can audit your online classes to help you engage learners, which can translate to loyal followers and paying customers for the long run.
Chris also loves to help entrepreneurs craft their messaging and build their online presence. And if you need something written as the voice of your business, whether it’s a speech or a letter to potential investors or customers, she can throw down corporate speak with the best of them.
Chris is an Idaho native, a history nerd, paranormal investigation and research show enthusiast, and fledgling baker of all things involving her Ankarsrum stand mixer. She grew up in Idaho Falls and graduated from Idaho State University in 1993. She lives outside of Boise, Idaho with her husband Pete and two fashion models disguised as golden retrievers. She would share pictures of them, but they’re withholding permission until their snack demands are met.
Years in the field: 29
Years freelancing: 2