The Pocket-Sized Professor
Hello! I’m Elle, and I own The Pocket-Sized Professor.
I am a native English speaker who provides multi-level writing support to academic, business, and non-fiction writers to ensure each work is accurate, polished, and accessible to the intended audience. Among the services I offer are substantive editing, copy editing, proofreading, source documentation, and ghostwriting (not for academic credit).
My clients include students and professional scholars, business owners, job-seekers, and independent authors. I welcome projects from both native speakers and ESL/ELL clients.
Selected areas of knowledge and expertise
- Social sciences: psychology, sociology, criminology and criminal justice, LGBTQIA and gender studies, African American studies, social work, disability studies
- Life sciences/health care: medical research, nursing, consumer-facing pharmaceutical information, public health, chronic illness
- Humanities: rhetoric/composition, law, non-fiction literature
- Education/academia: essay, thesis, and dissertation work; journal article manuscripts, higher education curriculum design
- Business: resumes and CVs, professional documents, corporate communications, web copy
- Research: experimental design, qualitative and quantitative research methods, survey construction
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS)
I can also accommodate in-house style guidelines as needed.
How to work with me
Visit my website: www.pocketsizedprofessor.com
I cannot accept carrier pigeons at this time, but I do welcome hard copy documents for traditional pen-and-paper editing if desired!
Business phone: 618-703-5755
Years in the field: 11
Years freelancing: 3