With more than 20 years of experience in the publishing industry, I offer a unique and valuable set of editorial skills: writing, editing, proofreading, developmental editing, content development, researching, interviewing, project management, editorial management, and instructional/e-learning design. I have written books, e-books, magazine articles, market reports, advertising/marketing copy, training video scripts, and all types of educational content from chapters/lessons in textbooks to teacher guides and assessments. I am comfortable writing about a wide range of topics from biotechnology and pet care to counterterrorism and early childhood education.
My editing experience is as deep and diverse as my writing skills. I have edited fiction and nonfiction books, magazine articles, textbooks, lab manuals, online courses and assessments for all grade levels and higher education, academic works, and others. I’ve also edited fiction books, including romance, science fiction, and fantasy.
My subject-area experience includes science/technical writing and editing, health-care/medical writing and editing, ELA, social studies, math, sciences, business writing and editing, marketing and advertising writing and editing, and many others.
Highlights of my editorial career include:
• Author of eight books for various publishers, such as titles in the Career Launcher series, and National Counterterrorism Center
• Contributor to two National Geographic Books
• Covered the biotechnology industry for two years for an online news site
• Wrote hundreds of articles for magazines and web sites
• Edited several books and textbooks
• Served as editor of six different magazines
• Wrote and edited educational content for McGraw-Hill, Barnes & Noble Education, Fountainhead Press, Discovery Education, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Curriculum Associates, and other publishers.
My rates are competitive. Please e-mail me at email@example.com to discuss your project and how I can help.
Home phone: 614-732-4860
Business phone: 614-270-0185
Cell phone: 614-270-0185
Years in the field: 20
Years freelancing: 15