I’ve been an editor for more than 30 years, and I’ve edited every type of writing. I even mentally edit billboards, newspaper articles, and grocery store signs. The English language can be intricate, arbitrary, fascinating, and frustrating all at the same time, and that complexity is what keeps me in love with my work.
I’m an efficient, versatile editor with a diverse array of experience:
– Fiction and nonfiction for published authors, including novels, short stories, and poetry
– Business and marketing collateral for Fortune 500 companies
– Peer-reviewed articles for academic and scientific journals
– Academic submissions, master’s theses, and dissertations
– Technical documentation for Adobe, Symantec, IBM, and SAP
– Developmental editing, substantive editing, and proofreading
As a writer myself, I know what it’s like to have another pair of eyes pick apart something I worked hard to perfect. But when you’ve looked at something a zillion times, a second pair of eyes is exactly what you need. A fresh perspective ensures that other eyes will appreciate what they see. I will handle your writing with care so it keeps the voice and tone you used when you wrote it. I will make constructive comments and offer objective suggestions with professionalism and respect.
Picking an editor from a website must feel like ordering from a catalog you’ve never shopped from. You may be hesitant to choose a stranger based only on what I’ve told you about myself. For that reason, I’m happy to offer a short sample edit of your project so we won’t be strangers when you contract with me.
For more information about me, to see samples of my work, and to read references from satisfied clients, please go to my website: www.lindaorlando.com. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you polish your writing to perfection.
Years in the field: 35
Years freelancing: 30