Passionate freelance copyeditor, proofreader, and writer with a decade’s experience as a writing professor. Detail-obsessed. Deadline enthusiast.
Editorial experience includes three years as a copyeditor for ModCloth and four years as a freelance writer for Pitt and Pitt Med Magazines (in-house alumni magazines for the University of Pittsburgh), as well as grants editing experience for an in-house grants consulting company. Serves as private consultant for individual clients’ pre-publication poetry manuscripts. Manages social media content for literary magazines. Possesses a deep understanding of higher education at all levels.
Award-winning poet and author of two volumes of poetry, in addition to numerous published poems, essays, and poetry criticism.
- Copyediting and proofreading
- Social media copywriting, copyediting, and management
- Blog writing and editing
- Content writing and reporting
- Grant and proposal editing
- Creative writing (poetry, fiction, and nonfiction)
- University client work (manuscript editing, writing, copyediting)
Years in the field: 8
Years freelancing: 5