Running a freelance business comes with a lot of responsibility—and the risk that outside factors, like clients and industry trends, may edge you into the breakdown lane. “In the Driver’s Seat” will help you regain the wheel and steer your business where you really want to go—creating the best balance of rewarding work and respectful clients who pay the bills. In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Easy ways to assess the health of your business–after each project and every year
- The pros and cons of being a specialist or generalist–and why you can make either approach work
- Sources of passive income
- Strategies for keeping challenging clients in line—and knowing when it’s time to cut ties
- When and how to make a major switch in your skills, target audience, or business plan
About the Instructors:
Christina Frey is co-executive of the Editorial Freelancers Association. She specializes in working one on one with independent authors, writers seeking agents, and authors affiliated with select small presses through her business Page Two Editing.
Jake “Dr. Freelance” Poinier is the author of The Science, Art and Voodoo of Freelance Pricing and Getting Paid and The Smooth-Sailing Freelancer. He blogs regularly on freelance topics at http://DoctorFreelance.com and has been an active instructor for EFA since 2009.