Ignite your career.
Work through this planning process with your fellow freelancers under the guidance of an editor who has been marketing her freelance business for 20 years.
- See what other successful editors are doing around the world.
- Gauge whether social media is necessary for you.
- Decide how to find clients in person and online.
- Consider methods appropriate to your clients and your style.
- Build a step-by-step action plan.
From day one, you’ll begin developing a concrete strategy for your own marketing. We’ll work out your action plan, and bolster each other with ideas and feedback. When we’re done, you’ll have the vision and know the steps you need to make it happen.
Whether you love networking and social media or hate the idea of promoting yourself in any way, have heaps of budget or none at all, we’ll find an approach that works for you.
Instructor Adrienne started freelancing from a tiny vacation town back in 1997. From there she built a client list full of publishers, organizations, and even some academics. Adrienne has been teaching for us since 2012 and teaching marketing as an in-person workshop for several years. What’s more, she’s a blast and will bring humor to your learning! Visit her website, Right Angels and Polo Bears.