Unlike Ruth Thaler-Carter’s webinar on website, this one focuses on the technical issues of preparing to launch a website.
You’re not alone if you have questions about setting up a website, registering a domain name, or the best ways to use your domain with your email program. Many people struggle with these questions, and as a result, they never get a domain ours email with their domain name.
This one-hour webinar will answer the following questions and more:
- Should I make a website or a blog? What’s the difference anyway?
- What should I use to make my website? WordPress.com or the self-hosted version of WordPress (WordPress.org)? What about using Blogger, Wix, SquareSpace, or Weebly? What are these programs and what are the benefits/drawbacks of each?
- Where can I get a domain?
- What is a web host? Do I even need one?
- Should I use my email address, like email@example.com or should I use firstname.lastname@example.org? Should I forward my domain email to gmail or an email program like Outlook or Mail? How do I do that?
- Where can I get royalty free images for my site?
- What does all this stuff cost?
This webinar is presented by Bud Kraus, Chief Education Officer of Joy of WP and a New York City veteran web design instructor who teaches WordPress, HTML, and CSS. He has led many webinars for the EFA, including his WordPress A to Z webinar series. He also assembles and manages WordPress sites for his clientele.
Additional information is available at Bud’s website.