EFA offers a variety of convenient general resources to its members and the public. Its newsletter, The Freelancer, is available both in print and online to members only.
- The EFA booklets are written by experts in the field and for publishing professionals.
- A selection of archived articles on freelancing offer valuable and timeless tips on the trade.
- The editorial rate chart is the product of a survey of EFA members and industry references.
- The Code of Fair Practice, which defines ethical standards and contract guidelines, was developed by the Freelance Editorial Association, which merged with EFA in 2000.
- The sample contract and invoice included as appendices to the Code of Fair Practice are especially valuable to beginning freelancers.
- Suggested guidelines for editorial testing.
- An extensive list of online references and resources is updated over time.