Hello! I’m Allison (she/her). I’m an editor, writer, gamer, and geek. I specialize in developmental and line editing for science fiction and fantasy.
I have a collaborative approach to the writer/editor relationship. I make it a point to respect your author’s voice. I’m here to help you write your book, not to fundamentally change it or mess with your style. I always suggest solutions for potential problems and articulate why they are problems; this way, you can consider alternate fixes if my suggestion doesn’t fit your vision.
In my free time, you can find me drawing, painting, playing D&D, and humming tunes from The Legend of Zelda.
- English BA
- Certificate in Publishing
- Managing Editor, Area of Effect Magazine (2015–2018)
- Editorial Director, Mythos & Ink publishing (2018–2022)
- Fantasy: adventure, epic/high fantasy, fairy tales, retellings, sword and sorcery, science fantasy, mythological, urban, dark
- Science Fiction: hard sci-fi, soft sci-fi, space opera, alternate universe, steampunk, dystopian, post-apocalyptic, near-future
- Nonfiction (topics): pop culture, video games, tabletop games, disability/chronic illness, LGBTQ+
- Middle Grade
- Young Adult
- New Adult
Years in the field: 10
Years freelancing: 4