Hi, I’m Allison! I love meeting new people and helping them deliver flawless, effective copy – no matter what shape it takes.
I have more than 10 years of experience in the world of healthcare agencies and publishing, where I have served as both a copywriter and editor. I’m an AMA style expert, and I’m certified by the Board of Editors in Life Sciences and the American Medical Writers Association. But I’m not only a meticulous line editor; my background as a journalist and writer means you can also rely on me for thoughtful suggestions to make your copy as concise and influential as possible.
Please visit my website to see some of the clients and publications that I have supported.
My key competencies include
– line-editing for AMA and client style
– proofreading and correction QC
– fact-checking and annotating
– developmental editing, which includes making insightful suggestions and queries to improve content structure, organization, and goals
– using page markup tools in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word
– working collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams to exceed project expectations on tight deadlines
I look forward to meeting you and making your copy shine!
More information: View PDF file
Years in the field: 13
Years freelancing: 4