Avenue Green Consulting & Services, LLC
Overview: Editor, writer, content strategist, and project manager for academic reports, corporate communications, white papers, and nonprofit communications. Experience with: APA, Chicago-Turabian, AP.
Experience: I have 15 years of experience writing and editing for mission-driven nonprofits, faith-based organizations, institutions of higher education, foundations, nascent programs, and start-up businesses.
Education: I hold a Master’s in Public Administration and an advanced graduate certificate in nonprofit management. I have held various strategic communications roles in local, regional, and national nonprofit organizations. My undergraduate degree is in international business and economics.
Major content areas for writing and editing:
• senior health, wellness, and housing
• disease-related scientific research
• volunteer-driven community service projects
• advocacy to end violence against women and children
• economic policies and initiatives to reduce poverty
• educational programs and community-based learning
• refugee services
• faith-based programs
• public policy and governance of land use
• international business and finance
• health policies affecting older adults and individuals with chronic disease
My academic research areas include systems theory, implementation science, economic analysis, program implementation in educational settings, economic policy, equity in higher education, microfinance and international development economics, biblical studies, and anthropological perspectives on culture and society.
I have provided academic copyediting services for students in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and doctoral programs. I am most familiar with academic studies related to social sciences, business administration, economics, public administration, public policy, Christian theology, public ministry, and educational administration. However, I am able to edit writing from any discipline.
Examples of client research areas have included:
• anthropology and cultural studies
• social work in adoption and foster care
• race and equity in higher education
• sociological study of the mortgage crisis
• employee skills in afterschool programs
• clinical pastoral education
English language learners have commented that my patient guidance has helped them to better express themselves. I couple editing for non-native English writers with my experience as a TEFL certified teacher of English to speakers of other languages. The resulting service is a holistic coaching experience for students and business professionals whose first language is not English.
Years in the field: 15
Years freelancing: 4