To the Point • Mutatis Mutandis
Value your voice. Express your eloquence.
The words we use reflect our perspective of the world. By acknowledging points of cultural connection and dissonance, I create balanced texts that engage readers. I work with clients to improve the clarity and eloquence of their text.
- Increases the clarity and eloquence of text
- Retains the voice of the author and of characters while writing and editing
- Balances text for a culturally diverse audience
- Prioritizes tasks to create a manageable schedule
My experience as a freelance stylistic, substantive, and copy editor enhances my understanding of the rules of language while my experience as a published poet reminds me of the joy of language.
- Implements and marks changes with the editing tools of Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat
- Implements rules of style guides, including MLA, CMOS, and APA
- Presents queries and changes to clients tactfully
- Provides editing of poetry, novels, short stories, and annual reports
My acknowledgement of diverse cultural perspectives creates cultural balance while editing texts.
- Remains alert for and re-phrases racially dismissive language while editing
- Recognizes that an audience includes members from a variety of cultures
- Remains apprised of culturally significant events
My class activities provide practical applications of theoretical concepts.
- Designs workshops that match the needs of participants
- Provides an encouraging atmosphere to ask questions and share work
- Designs curriculum for a Basic Essay Writing course
- Explains citation and grammar rules
- Provides in-person and written feedback that reflects the grading rubric
Years in the field: 22
Years freelancing: 22