jamesgang creative communications
“I have spent most of the day putting in a comma
and the rest of the day taking it out.” – Oscar Wilde
Congratulations on writing a book!
There are lots of moving parts to getting your book published and it can be overwhelming. I can offer you services that will help you step-by-step along the way. You can decide how much you want to handle yourself – and what you need me to do.
Copy Editing and Proofreading
- I can help with copy editing; line editing; proofing; punctuation & grammar. My goal is to edit in your voice.
- Non-fiction, business, science, spirituality and self help; fiction, creative non-fiction, memoirs have been my top genres to date. I’m open to others …
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS) for manuscripts.
- AP style for news releases and public relations writing
- I am familiar with APA and MLA, as I have edited and collaborated on scientific and technical work including white papers and manuals, but I use infrequently; however, if you’re project is completed and ready for formatting and publication, I can take it from here.
Formatting Print-On-Demand, ebook and book interior design and coordination
- Once your manuscript is in shape using best practices in Microsoft® Word.docx, I proceed by importing into professional publishing software. I provide Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), or we can use yours. I prefer them so I can review the scope of work prior to starting the project.
- If you’re doing an eBook, it’s best to start with that as the print book can be created from there, sometimes with the same program and saving time and money.
- As a retired branding and public relations director, I also can help if you need a graphic designer.
- Images? I can help with those as well, resizing and importing correctly.
- To reiterate … I am proud to say that I listen to you and excel in telling your story in your voice.
- I have 30+ years experience as an award-winning branding and marketing director, copywriter, ghostwriter and public relations director. Ad copy, p.r., scripts, white papers, radio, web content … if there are words involved in the medium, I’ve probably worked on it.
- I have worked in consumer and industry sectors including retail, restaurant, real estate & construction, hospitality & tourism, health & beauty, technology, financial, theatrical, nutraceuticals and education (including museums and historic sites). My resume lists many of the awards from various organizations and recognition from peers which will attest to my experience.
Consultation and assistance
- ISBNs; Library of Congress requirements; bar codes; descriptions
- Assistance in deciding who should publish your work
- Assistance in setting up your accounts on Amazon, Lulu, Ingramspark, Draft2Digital, etc. Please note: Authors must set up their own accounts as you will be setting them up for your royalties as well.
- Assistance with cover art, design and back cover copy
- Helping with uploading to publishing and distribution sites
- As public relations pertains to promotion, I can write news releases as part of your overall marketing program, select target markets and manage distribution; Online distribution, for example, can range from $50 per release to hundreds depending upon local, regional or national distribution.
The Nitty Gritty
- I schedule projects in order to devote my utmost attention to detail and usually work on a maximum of 2 at at time.
- I keep you abreast of the project’s progress.
- I estimate using EFAs suggested rates but also am very fair regarding “time and charges,” usually benefitting the client 🙂
I will work with you in creating a collaborative environment that takes into consideration your time and money.
I look forward to hearing about your project.
And visit me on:
Business phone: 8282797517
More information: View PDF file
Years in the field: 38
Years freelancing: 20