Justin (Jun) McCabe
My highest pleasure is a captivating narrative—let’s work together to craft it!
As an editor with a background in many types of writing and editing, as well as a Certificate in Editing from the University of Washington, I’m eager to provide writers the benefit of a perceptive and personal editorial hand.
My editorial goals:
- Apply grammar, syntax, and style consistently and correctly
- Promote the voice and vision of authors and clients
- Offer thorough, reasoned suggestions to enhance material for its intended audience
My skills and strengths:
- Copy Editing, Line Editing, Proofreading
- Grammar, Syntax, Narrative & Storytelling
- Humor, Dialogue, Emotion
- Communication, Collaboration, Project Management
- Chicago Manual of Style, Style Sheets
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Hard Copy
- & more!
My areas of focus are speculative fiction, graphic novel manuscripts, and poetry.
Whether you’ve a short story, chapbook, or fully fledged manuscript, reach out and let’s discuss editing your project!
— Justin (Jun) | they/them
PS: I am a dues-paying member of the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) and ACES: The Society for Editing.
Colorado Springs, CO
More information: View PDF file
Years in the field: 5