I’m a developmental editor, content editor (a.k.a. substantive editor), nonfiction book writing coach, and ghostwriter. I have a background in creating marketing content and website copy for B2B clients and nonprofits, as well.
My background in marketing and PR allows me to assess clients’ communications needs in terms of measurable goals and how we can meet them. Do you need to expand your reach? Persuade people? Convert visitors to subscribers, customers, or fans? I can help with all of that.
What I offer NONFICTION AUTHORS and SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS:
Ghostwriting, Book Doctoring, Developmental Editing, and Coaching:
I’ve written, revised, and edited nonfiction books, articles, e-newsletters, blog posts, LinkedIn profiles, essays, and social media content.
– Health, wellness, and medicine (neuroscience, cognition, psychology, diet/nutrition, exercise)
– Management (C-level/executive: human resources, agile, leadership, career planning)
– Finance and investing
I have 15+ years’ experience in publishing (marketing and PR). I like helping writers create materials that position their books to stand out. If you’re an author–mainstream or indie, fiction or nonfiction–I can help you conceive, write, and edit:
– Amazon descriptions, book synopses, banner ads
– Book cover and jacket copy
– Author bios
– Website copy
– Reading group guides
– Content strategies (social media, blog posts, etc.)
For CORPORATE CLIENTS, BUSINESSES, and NONPROFITS, I write and edit:
– Website and blog content, including SEO copy
– How-to content, instructional materials
– Business case studies
– Executive/C-suite bios
– White papers, other marketing materials
– E-learning modules
– Video scripts
Industries & Niches:
– B2B: market research, marketing, public relations, HR, content marketing
– B2C: health, wellness, psychology/therapy, orthopedics, physical therapy, hospital, healthcare, medical marketing content, inbound marketing
– Tech/startup: computing, consulting
Let’s work together! See my website, www.kristenhavens.com, for samples, testimonials, services, and credentials.
Culver City, CA
Years in the field: 19
Years freelancing: 14