Spanish Editing Services
I’m a native Spanish-speaking writer and editor from Mexico, with 20 years of editorial experience.
I have a Ph.D. in Philosophy, with a specialization in ethics, and experience in the publishing sector, both in public and private organizations, as well as in the academy as a university professor of ethics at the Tecnológico de Monterrey.
During my career I have been in charge of responsibilities such as receiving and selecting titles, negotiating contracts, coordinating translations, editing and proofreading, overseeing the content and quality of books and magazines, supervising online editions and social networks, planning contents, organizing editorial committees, supervising staff, setting deadlines, administrating budget, attending relevant events, etcetera.
- Co-founder and Editorial Director of Trazo Spanish Editing Services, a company that offers consulting and publishing services—in print or digital—for writers, authors, researchers, publishers, agencies, institutions, organizations, public bodies, academic institutions, and companies to help them expand their businesses to new markets worldwide and increase their revenues. Our services include writing, translation, editing, copyediting, proofreading, layout, manuscript evaluation, project management, web design, web content strategy, and any other activity related to the production and publication of books, journals, newspapers, magazines, websites, blogs, etcetera.
- Editorial Director at Revista El Abogado, a Mexican publishing house that produces three national-distribution magazines on legal, educational, and entertainment issues: El Mundo del Abogado, El Mundo de la Educación, and Voy&Vengo.
- Editor of the Philosophy and Art books at Fondo de Cultura Económica, a Spanish language, non-profit publishing group, partly funded by the Mexican government, and one of the leading publishing houses in Latin America. I was in charge of receiving and selecting titles in close collaboration with the Editorial Committee, negotiating contracts, coordinating translations, and the editorial process of about 30 books annually.
- Editor at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The OECD is an intergovernmental economic organization with 36 member countries, founded in 1961 to stimulate economic progress and world trade. I was responsible for the OECD Mexico Centre’s editorial activities (the publication of the Spanish versions of the OECD books).
- Ph.D. in Philosophy (Hons.). Ibero-American University (IBERO, Mexico City)
- M.A. in Philosophy (Hons.), Intercontinental University (UIC, Mexico City)
- B.A. in Philosophy (Hons.), Intercontinental University (UIC, Mexico City)
- Short Stories to Learn Spanish, Vol. 1: For Beginners and Intermediate Students
- Short Stories to Learn Spanish, Vol. 2: For Intermediate and Advanced Students
- En defensa de la naturaleza humana
- Religión y fe en la crisis de la modernidad
- ¿Malestar en la cultura? Una crítica a la filosofía de Sigmund Freud
- Una aproximación a la filosofía de David Hume
Years in the field: 20
Years freelancing: 8