Electronic Document Design
I have been a professional editor and writer since 1996 with major publishers like John Wiley & Sons. My specialty is heavy editing of technical manuscripts.
- Substantive editing (also called line editing, developmental editing, or heavy editing) of technical manuscripts.
- Copy editing of fiction and non-fiction manuscripts.
- Critical review of proposals and manuscripts prior to presentation to agents and publishers.
- Writing from source materials and interviews with subject matter experts.
- Article summaries, including social media posts (Facebook, Twitter).
- Development of product training including manuals, help files, job aids, writing templates, content libraries, support portal pages, and online courses.
- Specialty topics include healthcare, software, computer technologies, business, and training.
- Validation of documentation against software in test and live environments.
- Expertise in following standard style guides: Microsoft, Chicago, AMA.
- Setup and support of software, such as learning management systems.
- Training delivery in person and via webinars.
- Web editing: HTML, graphics, forms.
Saint Petersburg, FL
Business phone: 727-888-3178
Years in the field: 23
Years freelancing: 3