The ebook marketplace has settled down, and ebooks have found their niche. They won’t disappear; in fact, there’s a lot of work going on to make them better looking, better performing, and with more accessibility than their print counterparts. This 4-week webinar will address:
- What are ebooks, and how are they made? How are they like web pages?
- How do reading systems differ? Apple vs. Kindle and more.
- What does an editor need to keep in mind from her first look at a manuscript?
- How can production and copy editors add value to ebooks?
- Why are editorial, design, and production responsibilities as linked in digital publishing as they are in print?
- What do editors need to know to do ebook QA (quality assurance; aka proofreading)?
Kevin Callahan, the proprietor of BNGO Books, is an ebook developer, writer, and speaker based in New York City. He has presented sessions at PePcon, InDesign Conference, Digital Book World, and ebookcraft. He’ll be talking about using InDesign to get the most accessible EPUB possible at ebookcraft in March 2018, and at Digital Book World in October. You can find him at www.BNGOBooks.com and @BNGObooks.