The EFA hosts general meetings that include an annual meeting in June, a holiday party in December or January, and meetings on topics of interest to editorial freelancers at other times of the year. Unless otherwise noted, meetings are held at the EFA headquarters office, 71 West 23 Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY (in the middle of the block on the north side of the street). Meetings are open to all members, guests of members, and freelancers interested in joining EFA.
Regional chapters hold meetings at locations across the nation.
Members and guests are welcome to attend the popular Scrabble nights at no charge.
Twitter Freelance Fridays provide an opportunity to connect with others while discussing a topic of the month.
To help freelancers enhance their skills, we offer a variety of educational events.
For more on current events, see what's new.
EFA National Conference 2016
Save the dates! The EFA conference is coming up on August 29 and 30th in midtown Manhattan. Stay tuned for more information.
EFA Exhibits at Writing, Editing, and Publishing EventsEFA hosts booths at a variety of major conferences, book fairs, and other industry events around the U.S. throughout the year with extensive information about EFA programs, membership, and hiring members. Some of our 2016 exhibits will be at:
- Tucson Festival of Books, March 12-13
- AWP Conference and Bookfair, Los Angeles, March 30 - April 2
- American Copy Editors Society Annual Conference, Portland, OR, March 31 - April 2
- Dallas Fort Worth Writers Conference, April 23-24
- BookExpo America, Chicago, May 11-13
- Romance Writers of America Annual Conference, San Diego, July 13-16
- Brooklyn Book Festival, September 18
- American Medical Writers Association Annual Conference, Denver, October 6-8