"Active membership is the key to EFA. We have, for example, flourishing chapters around the country and a strong education program, not to mention a powerful online directory — not because the board decreed it, but because motivated members stepped in. Bottom line? We are only as effective as the membership we represent."
The EFA's goal has always been to raise the professional status of its members and to make freelancing more dynamic and rewarding.
Since 1971, it has done so by steadily expanding member programs and services, many designed to polish and develop professional skills and boost income. Among these are
- client outreach
- a job listing service
- networking with peers online, at meetings, and at social events
- educational programs designed especially for freelancers
- a bimonthly newsletter and other publications
- health care discounts (where available)
- a searchable, online membership directory
- regional chapters
- subscription to the online journal Vocabula Review
- discount on Shake Pro legal templates app
Read more about the benefits that EFA membership affords in the membership benefits summary or more in depth topic by topic through the various section menus across the site.