The EFA’s Diversity Initiative was formed to support a more diverse membership and promote equitable access for all. EFA members in good standing who honor our mission statement and agree to our nondiscrimination statement are welcome to join. For information about our subinitiatives (Education & Publications, Events & Opportunities, Resources, and Welcome Program), online meetings, and Slack discussion platform, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To support a more diverse membership in the EFA by welcoming members of groups that have historically been marginalized and by promoting equitable access for all
- To publicize the EFA’s diverse membership in order to attract a wide customer base, benefitting potential clients, members, and the organization as a whole
- To connect and support EFA members with educational and professional resources on diversity
- To partner with writers, organizations, and initiatives that seek to promote diversity
- To create and advocate for fair and accurate content that honors the diverse experiences of readers and writers, especially as this relates to race, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ability
We at the Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) welcome and value members of all backgrounds. We don’t discriminate, but more than that, we want the EFA to be an organization where all can feel they belong. We welcome people of every race, color, culture, religion, belief system, gender identity, gender expression, age, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, education, ability, health, neurotype, marital/parental status, socio-economic background, sexual orientation, and/or military status. We are nothing without our members, and encourage everyone to volunteer, to serve on the board, and to participate in our community.
The Diversity Initiative plans and supports EFA-wide and chapter events that focus on diversity. To see our recent and upcoming events, visit the Diversity Initiative portion of the events section.