The EFA Booklets Campaign 2023 is open.
We are seeking proposals for booklets from EFA members now through January 27, 2023.
EFA (Editorial Freelancers Association) Booklets are EPUB and print books of approximately 5,000–7,500 words that are written by members of the EFA with a desire to publish a booklet on a topic in which they have expertise and that will provide value to other EFA members and/or those who would hire us. The booklets are designed to be brief and to the point.
Proposal = Hook, Book, Cook
In 2023, to submit a proposal for your booklet, potential authors must query the Publications committee chairperson, Robin Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Up to 500 words explaining the value of and need for this booklet in the EFA 2023 publications catalogue. (The Hook)
- A rough outline of the contents, including a title and an estimate of total word count. (The Book)
- Information highlighting the qualifications you bring as the expert to write this booklet, including a 75-word bio for the booklet’s cover. (The Cook)
The submission period for proposals for the 2023 booklet campaign is: Now–January 27, 2023
Specifically Seeking These Areas
We are SPECIFICALLY SEEKING booklets written:
- by our underserved and under-represented members.
- for our experienced members looking to scale up or gain advanced skills.
- by our specialist members about succeeding within a niche.
About the 2023 EFA Publications Campaign
Our 2023 Publications Campaign is looking to meet the following EFA Strategic Plan objectives:
- Ensure content and education reflect the EFA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Expand educational offerings to serve a broader spectrum of the membership.
- Build the professional skills of members to enhance confidence and competence.
- Prioritize educational offerings that equip EFA members with language, concepts, skills, and connections so they are able to approach their work with the appropriate level of awareness of historical advantage and disadvantage and how it plays out in language.
Each author may submit up to two proposals. Approval of any submitted title is not guaranteed. Once approved (est. date: February 1, 2023), authors will have four weeks to complete and submit their manuscript (Due March 1, 2023).
Authors are paid a flat fee of $500.00 per title, payable only upon timely delivery and acceptance of the manuscript. Rights to the content of each EFA booklet belong to the author. The EFA retains the copyright for the design of its published editions.
For more details, please download the Booklets FAQs from the Booklets page of the website.