During a crisis, the ordinary stresses of running a freelance business may feel overwhelming. Additional responsibilities can throw an already tight schedule out of whack. Isolation can magnify stressors. Our emotional energy may be more easily sapped.
In this webinar, we discuss strategies for protecting your mental health while freelancing in times of crisis:
- Understanding and respecting your limitations.
- Setting and managing realistic goals and self-boundaries.
- Communicating boundaries to clients and loved ones.
- Handling a changing workload.
- Establishing a Plan B in case your emotional health requires it.
Presenter Christina M. Frey, J.D. is co-executive of the Editorial Freelancers Association, a developmental/line editor and literary coach with Page Two Editorial (www.pagetwoeditorial.com), and a traditionally published graphic novelist. With over 20 years of experience in writing, editing, and publishing, she now works with select authors and small presses on full-length fiction and creative nonfiction. She specializes in helping both novice and experienced writers to develop and refine their authorial voice.