You can now submit your wish-list for sessions AND your session proposals for EFA’s first in-person conference since 2019. The deadline to submit has been extended to February 19, 2023.
The Call for Session Ideas and Proposals form is asking for two types of submissions
- Section 1 asks for your wish-lists for topics and sessions you’d like to see at EFACON 2023
- Section 2 requests proposals for panels, presentations, and workshops that you want to organize and lead
Complete section 1, section 2, or both! You can submit multiple forms if you have more than one proposal. EFACON speakers will receive an honorarium and are eligible for discounted registration. More details will be available once your proposal is selected.
Proposals should seek to
- Create an informative, memorable, and enjoyable experience for attendees
- Elevate and integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Incorporate effective instruction and learning principles
- Challenge attendees to learn new techniques and adapt to changing circumstances
- Explore relevant and timely subject matter
- Demonstrate a business case for action supported by trustworthy information sources
- Highlight a growth and development orientation toward the field of freelance editing
- Feature innovative practices
More information is available on the Call for Session Ideas and Proposals form. Proposals can be submitted by both members and nonmembers, so please circulate to your networks.
Keynote speakers will be announced in the coming weeks, and we plan to open registration in February!
If you have questions, please contact EFACON2023@the-efa.org.
We look forward to seeing you in August 2023!
Katy Grenfell and Cody Sisco, Co-executives
EFA Board of Governors