Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile with Lyzette Wanzer
Are you an editor who suffers from one of these misconceptions?
- “LinkedIn is just about finding a job.”
- “It’s for executives, lawyers, and doctors, and other C-suite/corner office corporates.”
- “Those endorsements don’t really mean anything.”
- “I’m already on Facebook, so I don’t need it.”
LinkedIn is a social media marketing tool that editors and writers often overlook. It’s a very powerful networking tool that offers a lot for us, and in the Bay Area, is critical for success. Learn how to maximize LinkedIn to increase your visibility, get noticed, and open significant opportunities. In this two-hour workshop, learn how to:
- Prepare a profile that marks you as a professional, rather than a hobbyist
- Promote yourself and your work by harnessing LinkedIn’s full features
- Network with editor organizations that help to spread news of your work to wider audiences
- Learn the power of LinkedIn’s Groups
A laptop, notebook computer, or iPad is required for this workshop.
Lyzette Wanzer is a San Francisco writer, editor, and creative writing workshop instructor. Her work – which reflects the peri-racial, social, and economic experiences of African-Americans and others in these times – has appeared in Callaloo, Tampa Review, Ampersand Review, Journal of Experimental Fiction, Pleiades, Glossalia Flash Fiction, Potomac Review, The Naked Truth, and many others.