The Hire-Me Packet: How to Create Visually Engaging Sales Slides That Grow Your Business
Wondering how to introduce yourself or close the deal with potential clients? Show them what you know! Join us to learn how to create visually engaging sales slides and customize a packet that will wow potential clients, whether you’re cold calling publishers or following up with an indie author. You just might give responses like “Oh my gosh! I couldn’t wait to talk to you!” “It’s been sitting on my desk all week, because it’s just so cute” and “I can tell you know what you’re doing.”
Heidi will provide the following:
- a brief overview of branding principles,
- guidance on what to include in your sales slides,
- examples of how you can help clients visualize your process,
- recommendations on where to find modern, engaging stock images,
- suggestions on how to use your sales slides in meetings and mailings
- a checklist for your submission packets, and
- ways you can add a little special something to help you stand out from the crowd.
Bring your business cards and a little bravery. At the end of the presentation, we’ll break into small groups to brainstorm creative ways you can build on your existing brand and can create your own Hire-Me Packet.
Writer and editor Heidi Fiedler has worked on more than 300 books for clients ranging from Target to Barnes & Noble. She does the deep thinking that’s needed to turn an idea into a book that has the power to spark our curiosity and make us all feel a little less alone. The books she creates are quirky, playful, highly visual, and often philosophical. After working in publishing for nearly 15 years, she’s excited to see her own picture books and chapter books making their way into the world. Learn more about Heidi and the work she does at helloheidifiedler.com or say hello @heidifiedler on Instagram.
When: Wednesday, March 18 at 6:30 pm
Where: Impact Hub Boston at 50 Milk Street, Boston, MA 02109. Room and floor number TBD.
The entrance to the building is on Devonshire Street. Please check in at the desk with a photo ID.